Visiting Paris - What to See and Do
(Paris Charles de Gaulle International Airport CDG, France)
Famous as the city of romance, Paris is one of the most beautiful and charming capitals of Europe. Paris seduces many visitors with its stunning architecture, outstanding cuisine, world-class galleries and museums, elegant shopping boutiques and wealth of things to see and do.
Don't forget your camera, as no other city is quite as photogenic, and certainly doesn't have the style and grace of this beautiful city. From the heights of Montmatre to the banks of the Seine, there is just too many must see attractions.
Ten things you must do in Paris
- Take a lift to the top of the Eiffel Tower, the city's most famous landmark, for stunning views across the city and surrounding areas.
- Stroll along the Avenue des Champs Élysées, with its cafés and boutiques, and take in the world famous Arc de Triomphe.
- Visit the stunning Gothic cathedral of Notre Dame, where Napoleon crowned himself emperor in 1804.
- Watch a cabaret show at the world-famous Moulin Rouge, with its sequins, feathers, glitz and glamour.
- Take the kids to the huge Disneyland Paris or Parc Astérix theme park for a fun day out.
- Visit the magnificent Palace of Versailles, just outside Paris. The palace is surrounded by scenic gardens and includes the famous Hall of Mirrors.
- Be inspired at one of the city's wonderful art galleries and museums, such as the Louvre, home to Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa, Musée d'Orsay or the Pompidou Centre.
- Experience life beneath the city with a trip to Les Catacombs, miles of underground tunnels containing millions of skeletons transferred from overcrowded cemeteries in the 18th century.
- Wander around the Père Lachaise cemetery where many famous artists, writers and musicians - including Chopin, Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde and Sarah Bernhardt - are buried.
- Enjoy dinner at one of the city's many superb restaurants, followed by a drink on the left bank in a bar or café.